AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Several Amarillo Fire Department members will be participating in a memorial stair climb, beginning at 10:15 a.m. at Gold’s Gym on 3000 Blackburn St.
Memorial stair climbs are a tradition in several cities across the country, often hosted in high rise buildings, in remembrance of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001.
Most, if not all, of these events have been cancelled this year due to COVID-19. However, Gold’s Gym and Crunch Fitness have offered their stair stepper machines to any firefighters that would like to continue the tradition of this memorial climb.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pleasant Halloween Weekend Weather
- APD investigating a shooting in north Amarillo
- Don Harrington Discovery Center hosts annual Monster Bash
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- FBI looking for possible victims of killer who traveled across the country