CAPULIN, N.M. (KAMR/KCIT)— The U.S. Geological Survey reported a 3.7 magnitude earthquake 2.7 miles east of, southeast of Capulin, on Thursday morning around 8:04 a.m.
The USGS says the distances could be felt as far as Los Alamos, Española, Santa Fe, and Enchanted Hills.
It is unknown at this time when the last earthquake was detected in this area.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday