SHERMAN COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Three people are dead and one is critically injured after a wreck in Sherman County.
Three of the victims were from Amarillo.
It happened just after five yesterday morning half a mile south of Texhoma.
Troopers said 19-year-old Daniel Rodriguez from California tried to pass another vehicle and hit an oncoming car head-on.
Both cars caught fire.
Rodriguez died on the scene.
In the other car, 31-year-old Shishay Gebre and a 13-year-old boy also died on the scene.
A 37-year-old passenger was able to escape the car before it started burning, and was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- MLB investigating Dodgers player who left isolation to celebrate World Series victory, after testing positive for coronavirus
- PICS: Amarillo man dresses like Michael Myers to propose to girlfriend
- Texas Democratic Party strongly encourages voters who have not received their mail-in ballot to vote in-person as soon as possible
- Biden campaign launches bus tour in Texas on Wednesday
- WTAMU’s CSAW Wins Autry Public History Prize from the Western History Association