AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — DPS seized 3,350 pounds of marijuana on December 5 during a traffic stop in Carson County.
At 5:51 p.m., a DPS Trooper stopped a U-Haul traveling east on I-40 near Conway, for a traffic violation. The Trooper then discovered multiple boxes containing marijuana in the cargo area.
DPS Special Agents and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Special Agents arrived on scene to assist with the investigation. DEA Special Agents adopted the case.
The driver was arrested and charged with felony possession of marijuana. The driver was transported and booked into the Randall County Jail.
The drugs allegedly were being transported from San Jose, California to Bronx, New York.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- U.S. Census Bureau assists with questionnaire at Amarillo Community Market
- Are those ‘UFOs’ spotted over central Texas? Here’s what Google’s Project Loon has to do with it
- Clear the Shelters: Dove Creek Holding Pen
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand halfway through August
- West Texas A&M University graduate student ranked nationally