AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — As we continue to battle Covid-19 into the fall, members of the local medical community are encouraging people to get their flu shots now.
Dr. Rodney Young, a family medicine physician from Texas Tech Physicians joined us on Today in Amarillo to discuss the importance of getting your flu shot this year.
If you are interested in getting a flu shot, they are available at area pharmacies and through your primary care physicians.
They are currently available at the Texas Tech Physicians Care Center, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Traveling nurse diagnosed with both COVID-19 and cancer while helping with coronavirus efforts
- Children’s Miracle Network begins ‘Christmas is for Miracles’ campaign
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- ‘Rallying For Raiden’: Community puts on birthday parade for boy who lost parents to COVID-19