(WAVY/NBC News) A Virginia photographer happened to be in the right place at the right time recently.
Holly Breeden unexpectedly captured a proposal between a couple on the beach at Fort Story.
“Photography to me is important, but I didn’t think it would capture random moments for strangers that way,” Breeden says.
Breeden was doing a waterside photoshoot Saturday when she noticed a couple walking nearby. Her client noticed, too.
“He goes ‘I think they want us to take their picture,’ so I asked,” Breeden says.
Breeden snapped some photos using the other woman’s cell phone.
“As soon as I turned around, he got down on one knee. I freaked out,” Breeden says. My instincts are to take the pictures. I’m like, crying behind my camera.”
After the proposal, Breeden dialed her number from the couple’s phone so she could contact them again. She didn’t realize it, but the call never went through because of bad service — so the number wasn’t saved.
Read more: https://bit.ly/2Y6UYab
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Lawmaker charged for opening Oregon Capitol doors to protesters a no-show at first hearing
- Police: Colorado Springs shooting suspect killed 6 after not being invited to a family party
- Indian workers paid $1.20 per hour for years to build lavish NJ temple, lawsuit says
- Migrant children held in mass shelters with little oversight
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again