(CNN) — If you’ve been wanting to doll up your pet — Tuesday is the perfect opportunity — it’s National Dress Your Pet day!
Maybe you want to match outfits with your furry friend, give it a bejeweled collar, or a funny costume — go crazy!
The day was founded in 2009 by celebrity pet lifestyle expert and animal behaviorist Colleen Paige — as a bonding opportunity.
But remember not to make your furry friend miserable.
If they hate dressing up, let them sit this one out.
And just like people, pets want a comfortable outfit that fits, avoid clothes that restrict movement or can be a choking hazard.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Ice-T says ‘no-masker’ father-in-law is ‘a believer now’ after 40 days in ICU battling COVID-19
- Area high school football teams still eyeing State Championship
- Area volleyball teams making push in playoffs
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- NHP: Motorcyclist dies in suspected DUI crash on US 95 and I-15 SB transition ramp