(CNN) — “Let them eat cake” today.
No, we’re not celebrating Marie-Anoinette’s famous phrase.
It’s because it’s “National Cake Day.”
If you don’t have any birthday parties, weddings or anniversaries conveniently planned today, you can bake a cake or cupcakes and bring them to a family gathering.
Or you could just stop by a bakery.
You can post photos of the dessert you have with the social media hashtag “National Cake Day.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Snack Pak 4 Kids Taste Test Team picks next round of food
- Bringing the Buzz: Honey Buzz Winery Showcases Food & Drink Options
- Amarillo Parks and Recreation Department Hiring for Summer Jobs
- Lone Star Ballet Returns to the Stage for Time Steps Performances
- Annual Shred it Day Benefitting Amarillo Crime Stoppers Happening this Weekend