AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Amarillo College will host a kick-off event today (Oct. 1) at 9:15 a.m. at the Oeschger Family Mall, in order to launch the Adams Earn & Learn Program.
According to the college, the Adams Earn & Learn program is a new work-based learning initiative that will be supported by the new CEO Council.
Applications to the program, which will pair Amarillo talent with participating local businesses through apprenticeships, open Oct. 2.
For more information on the program, the college advises to visit the website.
Founding members of the CEO Council, including co-chairs Jorge Ramirez and Jerry Rohane, will join Dr. Lowery-Hart for the event.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Halloween weekend weather outlook
- Texas Online Overtime | Season 2 – Week 10
- San Diego County using Día de los Muertos to honor COVID-19 victims
- Tijuana trick-or-treaters and Halloween party-goers told to stay home
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally