AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Amarillo College will host a kick-off event today (Oct. 1) at 9:15 a.m. at the Oeschger Family Mall, in order to launch the Adams Earn & Learn Program.
According to the college, the Adams Earn & Learn program is a new work-based learning initiative that will be supported by the new CEO Council.
Applications to the program, which will pair Amarillo talent with participating local businesses through apprenticeships, open Oct. 2.
For more information on the program, the college advises to visit the website.
Founding members of the CEO Council, including co-chairs Jorge Ramirez and Jerry Rohane, will join Dr. Lowery-Hart for the event.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘We’re coming for your job’: Black Lives Matter calls out Florida gov. while protesting anti-riot law
- Glady’s Rib Shack joins us on Today in Amarillo
- Bodycam video: Michigan officer punches man during traffic stop over littering
- Long Island acid attack: College student doused in face in ‘heinous’ crime
- President Biden pledges to cut US fossil fuel emissions up to 52% by 2030