The Drunken Oyster: Asian Watermelon Salad
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 24 cherry Heirloom Tomatoes cut in 1/2
- One 5-pound watermelon—rind and seeds removed, flesh cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (8 cups)
- 12 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh hot red chiles thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 Thai basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Garnish with toasted Sesame Optional
In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, sambal oelek, and ginger.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the watermelon, radishes, scallions and red chiles and toss.
Fold in basil, season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
The Drunken Oyster
7606 SW 45th Ave.