DUNCANVILLE, Texas (NBC News/KXAN) — Released body cam video from last week shows the moment a police officer in Duncanville, Texas, in Dallas County, broke a car window to get to a child.
Officers say they found the one-year-old crying, sweating and covered in vomit.
The baby was immediately placed into an air-conditioned squad car until medics arrived. A guardian of the child was contacted and officers say an investigation is ongoing.
There’s no word on how long the child was left inside the vehicle.
The temperature outside at the time of the incident was reportedly in the 90s.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Etna keeps up its spectacular explosions; ash rains on towns
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- Cuomo defiant as top New York lawmakers call on him to quit
- WTAMU Forensics Team places second in virtual “Good Life” tournament
- Senate Democrats and Republicans still split day after COVID-19 Relief Deal vote