SMITH COUNTY, Texas (KETK) – A woman killed in an East Texas wreck Sunday morning was nine months pregnant with her first child, according to family and friends on social media.
Jataria Lynn Smith, 26, was pronounced dead at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Hospital after the wreck on Highway 64 in Smith County, about 100 miles east of Dallas.
Her husband, 40-year-old Ronnie Dewayne Smith, who was driving at the time of the crash, is in critical condition. Jataria Smith was riding in the passenger seat.
The preliminary report from the Texas Department of Public Safety shows that 60-year-old Robin Blake Longino pulled out of a driveway and failed to yield the right of way to Ronnie Smith as he was traveling east down the highway.
Longino was taken to UT Health in Tyler, also in critical condition.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- Texas lawmakers grill energy providers, state regulators over deadly winter storm failures