HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) – A man in Houston turned himself in for fatally shooting his fiance–just days after proposing.
Police say Kendrick Atkins shot Dominic Jefferson after an argument.
He fled the scene, but a witness believes he returned and saw a concerned citizen helping Jefferson.
Atkins then shot near the citizen, before running away again.
Jefferson’s family says the couple had been dating for three months when he proposed on New Year’s Eve.
Copyright 2019 CNN. All rights reserved.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Boys high school basketball area round scores
- Dean of Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine gives update on school’s progress
- Special Olympics Texas Panhandle Area Basketball competition kicked off this evening
- John Harris talks about tomorrow’s training with the National Weather Service; You can watch it live at home
- Four girls high school basketball teams from our area advance to the regional finals