AUSTIN, Texas (KAMR/KCIT)— The Texas Governor’s mansion was lit blue Saturday night, April 11, to show support of health care workers in the Lone Star State.
Governor Abbott said he wanted to thank the hardworking men and women in the health care field for their commitment to serving their fellow Texans as the state responds to COVID-19.
“The State of Texas is forever grateful for the committed health care workers serving on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response,” said Governor Abbott. “Their sacrifice and hard work cannot be overstated, and they play a crucial role in ensuring their fellow Texans have the care and support they need during this challenging time. I ask that all Texans join me and Cecilia in praying for these heroic Texans.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo College to hold virtual commencement for Graduates
- Can you repeat that? Hearing trouble becomes more obvious with masks
- Amarillo High School students collect canned food to benefit Amarillo’s Children Home
- Derek Carr is the king of the audacious audibles in 2020
- Toy safety group releases annual list of top 10 ‘worst’ toys