Texas Family Releases Video of 12-Year-Old Killed In Home Explosion

Texas

Newly released video shows Linda Rogers getting ready for a cheerleading competition on the morning of Feb. 23, 2018.

In a time-lapse video, she’s doing her hair when you see a spark.

Her family’s lawyer says the spark was the house filling up with natural gas and exploding.

The Dallas Fire Department says two other homes caught fire on the same block where Linda lived — those also blamed on gas.

Three days after Linda’s death, close to 3000 homes in the neighborhood were evacuated, so gas could be cut off and homes individually checked for safety.

One year later Atmos tells us it’s replaced 98 miles of pipes in that neighborhood.

Sergio Barragan says, “The way I see them work, yes, it’s non-stop and now I think they’re overdoing it.”

Sergio Barragan lives in front of the Rogers home.

He says he doesn’t believe the company’s version of events.

Atmos says the pipe system in the northwest Dallas neighborhood was performing properly before the explosion.

Atmos says heavy rains and shifting soil conditions in that neighborhood put enormous pressure on the pipes.

Sergio Barragan says, “So who’s at fault. I’m going to say the … gas company maybe? 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Weather

More Forecast

Don't Miss