*Watch the video above to see the impact of the snow storm in Texas.*
According to a GoFundMe account set up, the family went without electricity for two days.
“The early morning of February 16 dropped to 12 degrees. Cristian [Pavon] was found lifeless. We are trying to raise funds to be able to transfer the body to Honduras. His wish was to see his grandparents again and that is what the mother wants to fulfill,” the organizer wrote.
The family told KTRK the boy had no underlying health conditions and they believe the cold was a contributing factor, although no official cause of death has been determined.
Pavon, who grew up in Honduras, immigrated to Texas to be with his family, according to KETK.
His relatives are now awaiting the results of an autopsy.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Cinders performs free three-song-set on Jessop’s Journal
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- Merrick Pet Care launches largest advertising campaign in 30 years
- Immigration correspondent discuss latest update on migrants crossing from refugee camps
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise