AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Texas Department of State Health Services released the first data set of COVID-19 cases in school districts Thursday.
To view the data, click here.
Of an estimated 1.1 million Texas students who were on campus, 3,445 students were reported as positive for COVID-19, the DSHS’ data says. Of more than 800,000 staff members, 2,850 have tested positive.
The data is self-reported by individual districts, DSHS says, and the dashboard will be updated every Wednesday throughout the year. Since the data is built on self-reporting, the DSHS says that the local or public information “may be more up to date.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Sheriff’s Sgt. raises questions in Zion’s missing person case of Holly Courtier
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Northern California prison ordered to release, transfer 50% of inmates due to COVID-19
- Bill Cosby, now 83, grins in newly released prison mug shot
- Pope endorses civil union law for same-sex couples