AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Texas Department of State Health Services released the first data set of COVID-19 cases in school districts Thursday.
To view the data, click here.
Of an estimated 1.1 million Texas students who were on campus, 3,445 students were reported as positive for COVID-19, the DSHS’ data says. Of more than 800,000 staff members, 2,850 have tested positive.
The data is self-reported by individual districts, DSHS says, and the dashboard will be updated every Wednesday throughout the year. Since the data is built on self-reporting, the DSHS says that the local or public information “may be more up to date.”
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Advocates ‘shocked’ to learn Biden considered keeping Trump’s cap on refugees
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Tyrannosaurs may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows
- The Female Field: 4 Olympians launch women’s sports media company TOGETHXR