TEXARKANA, Texas (KETK) – Bowie County has confirmed its first case of coronavirus, according to Lisa Thompson with the Emergency Operations Center.
In a short press release, Thompson did not identify the patient or how they might have become infected.
Thompson also wrote that she would release more information as it becomes available.
On Monday, Gregg County declared a “local state of disaster” due to the spread of the virus. Gov. Abbott issued a statewide disaster proclamation on Friday.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local doctor gives tips for how expecting moms can approach Thanksgiving meals
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham signs $330 million relief package for New Mexicans
- Texas Railroad Commission discusses possibility and timeline of moving toward renewable energy
- Pandemic Pie: Flying Saucer Pie Company still sees long lines ahead of Thanksgiving