TEXARKANA, Texas (KETK) – Bowie County has confirmed its first case of coronavirus, according to Lisa Thompson with the Emergency Operations Center.
In a short press release, Thompson did not identify the patient or how they might have become infected.
Thompson also wrote that she would release more information as it becomes available.
On Monday, Gregg County declared a “local state of disaster” due to the spread of the virus. Gov. Abbott issued a statewide disaster proclamation on Friday.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Bowler adds father’s ashes to ball, rolls perfect game
- Queen Elizabeth marks 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- Police: East Texas girls faked their kidnapping that sparked Amber Alert
- Another freezing start and a mild afternoon
- Early voting turnout for May Municipal Elections in Potter County has increased by 72% from 2019 elections