(WJW) — According to a new study, Virginia is the “grossest” state in the U.S.
The study, conducted by Zippia, calculated each state’s grossness based on air quality, the number of landfills and illness spread.
They also included the number of Google searches for certain gross items when determining the rankings. Zippia cites “Mayo recipes” and “Croc wearing” as search terms included in the gross category.
Here are the grossest states, according to the study:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Abortion ‘restrictions, bans make safe procedure unsafe’
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments: #9 UIL State Track
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Watch: Air Force hosts second virtual public meeting for Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico
- KAMR Local 4 News to celebrate Nexstar Media Group’s 25 years of broadcasting with annual ‘Founder’s Day of Caring’