BELTON, Texas (KCEN) — The love that Marty Mendoza has for his son, Marty Jr., can’t be described in words. Mendoza is a stay-at-home dad who has cared for his son for the last 30 years alone.
“I’ve been his mom and dad for almost 30 years. My ex-wife, when he was born, she up and left when he was about 2 years old,” Mendoza said. “She said he was retarded. I hate that word. And basically, I’ve been his mom and dad ever since.”
Mendoza said Marty Jr. suffers from severe autism, is non-verbal and is the absolute joy and light of his life.
“Just hope. He gives me hope,” he said, hugging his son and giving him a kiss on the forehead. “Without him, I’m truly lost.”
This Christmas, Mendoza wants the best for his son and is asking for a little Christmas magic with letters and cards for his son to open on Christmas day. It’s for a chance to see the joy in his eyes and the smile on his face, Mendoza said.
Read More – http://bit.ly/36LuoVO
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- VIDEO: Woman refuses to wear mask inside Taos store, argues with police
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list
- President Trump to update on national coronavirus testing plan
- EXCLUSIVE: Small unmanned aircraft give agents the border’s best possible vantage point
- Stolen car crashes into jewelry store on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile