PADRE ISLAND, Texas (KVEO) — It seems humans aren’t the only ones looking for a beach gateway, as on Monday an alligator was seen in Malaquite Beach.
According to a post from Padre Island National Seashore, the American alligator made its way from Louisiana.
Officials determined the alligator’s origin by the tail notch and the tags found on its rear feet.
The rare beach visitor was sent a rehabilitation facility to recover from its long journey.
Padre Island National Seashore worked with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to safely transport it.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Top 10 2020-2021 Moments #7: Clarendon Boy’s Basketball claim the 2A State Championship
- AISD preparing for a possible future bond election
- Father gives daughter life-saving present as living organ donor
- Family says social media challenge led to death of 9-year-old Tennessee boy
- 5-year-old boy injured in hit-and-run gets limo ride to preschool graduation