HOUSTON (KXAN) — President Joe Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden are headed to Houston to survey storm damage following a series of devastating ice and snow storms last week that knocked out power and water for millions. Some still remain without utilities.
The Bidens will visit the Houston Food Bank, and President Biden will also visit the Harris County Emergency Operations Center as well as deliver remarks around 5 p.m. CT at the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s COVID-19 vaccination facility at NRG stadium.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- US setting up $1.7B national network to track COVID-19 variants
- On ‘Dateline’ a twisted murder plot begins with a woman’s phone call naming her suspected killer
- She’s back! Chrissy Teigen returns to Twitter after 3-week hiatus
- YouTuber Jake Paul says he has brain damage ahead of boxing match, then retracts comments
- APH reports 23 new cases of COVID-19, and 6 recoveries in Amarillo area