LUBBOCK, Texas – Cathy Webster, a emergency technician at Covenant Medical Center in Plainview, is back working after her husband, Larry, died from COVID-19 complications on Aug. 25 at the age of 56.
“He was immunocompromised,” said Webster.
Webster said she still doesn’t know how she and Larry contracted the coronavirus in late July.
“We always wore our mask,” said Webster. “I would quarantine for four days at home because I was so afraid of him getting it.”
After a few months off, Webster decided to return to work at the hospital.
“I had been a caregiver to my husband for a long period of time and then I was a caregiver at work,” said Webster. “So I knew I had to come back and be there for those patients and those families that were going through the same thing that I had just been through.”
Larry Webster leaves behind three adult sons.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- Pelosi Says She’s A ‘Street Fighter’ And Would Have ‘Battled’ Capitol Mob
- How much excess medical waste is created by COVID-19 vaccinations?
- City officials and 2021 Amarillo mayoral candidates discuss Amarillo’s current and previous tax rates
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale