KERRVILLE, Texas— A man has been arrested in Texas, accused of plotting to carry out a mass shooting at a Walmart.
The Kerr County Sheriff’s Office says in a news release Sunday that 28-year-old Coleman Thomas Blevins is charged with making a terroristic threat.
Investigators say they intercepted a message from Blevins on Thursday indicating he was “preparing to proceed with a mass shooting,” and that the threat included Walmart. Blevins was arrested Friday.
Authorities searched his home and found firearms, ammunition, and more, including what officials called “radical ideology paraphernalia” such as books, flags and handwritten documents.
Jail records didn’t list an attorney who could comment on Blevins’ behalf.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo College awarded $100K by Texas Mutual Insurance, will benefit Safety and Environmental Technology program
- How a quick thumb-palm test can determine patient’s risk of having aneurysm
- Ambulance stolen in Utica chased by police into Rochester, NYSP says
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ousted, new government takes power
- TxDOT Amarillo’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 13-June 19