DALLAS (KXAS) — The “Quality Sausage Company” in Dallas is being sued by the family of a worker who died from coronavirus
Two workers at the plant died of coronavirus a day apart last month.
One of them was Hugo Dominguez, who worked at the plant for at least a decade.
His family alleges the plant didn’t take precautions even after knowing workers were testing positive.
His wife said Dominguez felt he had no choice but to work.
“Quality Sausage Company” sent us a statement that reads:
The health and well-being of our employees is extremely important to us. The spread of COVID-19 across the country and within our community is challenging for all of us. ‘quality sausage company’ has continually updated our procedures to reflect current guidance.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- APH reports 142 new cases, 9 deaths, 430 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Amarillo Fire Department responding to fire in west Amarillo
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- China hits Trump officials with sanctions on their way out
- Super Host? Bucs can become 1st to play Super Bowl at home