HOUSTON (CW39) Texas power control central, ERCOT, says they “should be able to restore some customers this afternoon due to additional wind and solar output….” but no timeline when and what areas for which restoration will occur.
Instead, they say the amount of restoration will depend on how much generation will actually be able to come online. ERCOT Senior Dir. of System Operations took to Twitter to provide the following statement:
With a second Winter and Ice storm headed to Houston, folks are being warned to look out for criminal scammers who may try to get into your home to “repair your outages.”
CenterPoint Energy says:
- Real CenterPoint employees don’t need to enter your home, but may be near your backyard meter
- Look for CenterPoint vehicle branding on a company vehicle. Workers won’t be in a personal car.
- Check their badge. They will have a CenterPoint logo on a work ID that every employee carries.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Video shows plow driver and crew using old sled to rescue COVID-19 patient trapped by snow
- Gov. Abbott to provide update on state COVID-19 vaccination efforts at 10:45 a.m.
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside stash house operations along the Southern border
- You could win a seat on SpaceX all-civilian mission to ‘explore amongst the stars’
- Asylum-seekers on MPP program expected to cross into South Texas on Thursday