VAN HORN, Texas (Nexstar) – Blue Origin is set to launch a capsule from its West Texas location on Wednesday.
The NS-15 mission will serve as a rehearsal for future customer flights, according to the company.
During the mission, personnel will stand in as astronauts, conduct pre-launch checks and then exit the vessel, a release reads. The pre-flight rehearsals are now complete and we are awaiting launch.
Once the capsule has launched and landed, personnel will return and rehearse hatch opening and exiting, the company says.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of Amarillo debuts ACT-Connect
- New wristbands serve as wearable vaccine card
- FAA proposes fining unruly passenger $32,750 for allegedly refusing to wear mask, hurting flight attendants
- Catholic Charities of the Texas Panhandle awarded $27,000 grant from Texas Bar Foundation
- 3 injured in Idaho middle school shooting; student captured