COMMERCE, Texas (AP) — Two people were killed and a third person was wounded after a shooting Monday at a residence hall at a university in Texas, police said.
Students and employees were told to shelter in place as a precaution after the shooting Monday at Texas A&M University-Commerce. The university said there were three gunshot victims at its Pride Rock residence hall, and two people were confirmed dead.
The third person was taken to a hospital. Classes have been canceled for the day.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- ‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege on social media
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Another round of winter weather