HOUSTON (CNN) — The search is on for a 14-year-old boy who police say ran away after a mother found his 5-year-old sister shot.
Houston Police say a mother woke up after hearing a gunshot.
The woman says she ran into the living room and found her 5-year-old daughter had been shot.
The woman told police the 14-year-old boy was panicking.
She added that he picked up a gun and fled the apartment.
While the 14-year-old is missing, police say it isn’t clear who shot the little girl.
According to authorities, the 5-year-old girl was transported to the hospital in critical condition but is now in stable condition.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Jamal Khashoggi killing: Saudi crown prince approved operation to capture or kill journalist
- 8,600 asylum-seekers now registered to return to US from Mexico
- Man spends hours yelling for help after vehicle plunges over cliff on mountain pass
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- President Biden, First Lady expected in Houston to tour winter storm damage