The Texas Nurses Association-District 2, in collaboration with the Panhandle Organization of Nurse Executives is hosting the 3rd Annual Panhandle Great 25 Nurses recognition ceremony.
The event was established to raise the awareness and celebrate the exemplary contributions of nurses to patient care, research, leadership, education and community service of more than 4000 thousand nurses practicing in the Panhandle.
This prestigious recognition was determined by the Panhandle Great 25 Nurses Review Committee which evaluated all the nominations submitted by peers, family members, patients, former teachers, physicians, and administrators. The Great 25 were chosen through a blinded process by the Great 25 Committee panel based upon the established criteria with each nominee’s accomplishments in the following areas: 1) Leadership qualities, 2) Service to the community, 3) Compassionate caregiver and 4) Significant contributions. This year we are happy to announce 27 nurses were chosen to receive this prestigious honor.
The following awardees will be honored at the Third Annual Panhandle Great 25 Nurses Ceremony on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, at Polk Street United Methodist Church at 6 pm, Amarillo, TX.
- Melanie Allen, RN BSA Health System
- Beth Attebury, RN Childress Regional Medical Center
- Tony Badillo, RN BSA Health System
- Adonna Ballard , RN Region 16 –Educational Service Center
- John Blakley, RN Amarillo VA Health Care System
- Sis Bond, RN Amarillo Kindred Hospice
- Christine Brewer, RN BSA Health System
- Darla Caldwell, RN BSA Health System
- Abbie Cano, RN Borger Independent School District
- Shirley Collins, RN BSA Health System
- Lisa Formby, RN Hereford Independent School District
- Machelle Funtek, RN Northwest Texas Healthcare System/ Amarillo VA Health Care System
- Jay Griggs, RN BSA Health System
- Angie Hamilton, RN Northwest Texas Healthcare System
- Elizabeth Hammond, RN Amarillo VA Health Care System
- Carolyn Hudson, RN Northwest Texas Healthcare System
- Verena Johnson, RN Amarillo College
- Clint LaFever, RN Northwest Texas Healthcare System
- Dustin Lambert, APRN Amarillo VA Health Care System
- Yessenia Longoria, RN Moore County Hospital District
- Misti Moore, RN BSA Healthcare System
- Melissa Peavey, RN Dalhart VA Health Clinic
- Teri Quattlebaum, RN Northwest Texas Healthcare System
- Charlene Seale, APRN Amarillo VA Health Care System
- Susan Stach, RN Region 16-Educational Service Center
- Jessica Welch, RN BSA Health System
- Jean Whitehead, RN Amarillo Independent School District
2018 Scholarship Recipients:
- Mary Graham – Texas Tech University Health Science Center/2nd Degree BSN Veteran to BSN
- Amanda Hokanson – West Texas A&M University/RN-BSN
- Donna Kizziar Texas A&M University/ MSN
- LaTina Lewis West Texas A&M University/DNP-PhD.
- Justin Walker-Mulanax Amarillo College/ADN
- Tiffany Ruthardt West Texas A&M University/Traditional BSN
As a result of the generous donations of our sponsors each of the following nursing students will receive a $1,500.00 Scholarship to assist them in pursuing their education to advance the health of the communities they serve.