(CNN) — Twitter allows users to trim conversations.
The social media giant has been testing new settings that give people stronger control of their space.
Users now can limit who can reply to their tweets including only followers or those who are mentioned in the tweet.
Twitter says these new options make some users feel more safe online.
The company hopes this will lead to more meaningful conversations on its site.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of Amarillo hosting virtual open house for the Amarillo Area Regional Multimodal Mobility Plan
- Amarillo VA holds a special COVID-19 vaccination clinic on MLK Day
- Hoosier metal guitarist seen in famous photo arrested in connection with Capitol riot
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try