(CNN) — Twitter allows users to trim conversations.
The social media giant has been testing new settings that give people stronger control of their space.
Users now can limit who can reply to their tweets including only followers or those who are mentioned in the tweet.
Twitter says these new options make some users feel more safe online.
The company hopes this will lead to more meaningful conversations on its site.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Groundbreaking for new Thompson Park Pool
- Tiny airborne particles may pose a big coronavirus problem
- Spider spins Ruth Bader Ginsburg collar-like web
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise