(CNN) — Twitter may be working on a new subscription-based platform.
The company made a job posting Wednesday, looking for a senior software engineer at a subscription platform called “Gryphon.”
The listing said the job would be with a new team – and described the project as “A first” for the company.
However, a Twitter spokesperson said the listing was not a product announcement.
The company’s shares still jumped eight-percent after the posting was made.
Twitter has so far focused on its free service and made money through ads and data licensing.
A paid subscription could give the company an extra source of revenue.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- Merrick Pet Care launches largest advertising campaign in 30 years
- Immigration correspondent discuss latest update on migrants crossing from refugee camps
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise
- Not real: A look at the fake news circulating on social media this week