(NBC News) Today is the day set aside for your cleaning up your digital devices.
National “Clean Out Your Computer Day” promotes cleaning out files that should have been dealt with years ago.
“For most folks its going to be multimedia files,” says Nicholas De Leon of Consumer Reports. “Photos, videos, maybe old MP3s that you downloaded in the day.”
“People download a lot of stuff off the internet and it just sits there in this one big folder, taking up enormous amounts of space,” notes Lifewire.com’s Lance Ulanoff.
Getting rid of those files doesn’t necessarily mean deleting them forever. You can just move them to an external hard drive or USB storage stick.
Experts say you should also take the time to clean the outside of your computer and phone as well. Canned air will help remove the gunk in your keyboard and special wipes are available to clean your screens.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2Sp4MZ6
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Biden’s immigration plan hits snag after Texas federal judge blocks deportation freeze
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Migrant massacre in Mexico shows urgency of restoring asylum, advocates say
- Another ‘miracle drug’ for COVID-19 increasingly hard to find in Tijuana pharmacies
- Human trafficking and border crime highlighted in Texas governor’s 5-year security plan