(NBC News) Samsung is hoping you’ll fall in love with it’s new folding phone when it comes out this Valentine’s Day.
THE “Galaxy Z Flip,” unveiled Tuesday, is a follow-up to the folding smartphone the company launched last year. That model had issues with screen defects and a delayed launch.
The company redesigned this new offering to be more like a high tech flip phone.
“It’s a more appealing idea, I think, where its meant to fold down to a smaller size versus the idea of a phone getting even larger,” says CNET’s Scott Stein.
The Z Flip features a new kind of bendable glass and improved screen durability.
Samsung hopes to generate buzz in the growing foldables market. Just last week, Motorola released a similar-looking Razr phone.
Samsung also unveiled it’s new flagship S20 series, all equipped with a major camera makeover with 8K video, better specs and 5G capability built-in across the board.
Read more: https://cnb.cx/2vlyC9d
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High school football scores and highlights
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- How to get “Custom Made” during COVID? Support Small Business Saturday.