(NBC NEWS) — Prime day delay.
Amazon plans to delay its annual Prime Day event until September.
It’s a move to let Amazon warehouses continue to manage a surge in orders due to the coronavirus, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The event is usually held in July.
Representatives from Amazon declined to comment on the report.
Amazon previously said it couldn’t predict when one-and two-day shipping would resume, which would be a key for it to have a successful Prime Day event.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt’ it’ll happen,’ says NIMH director
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap