(NBC NEWS) — Prime day delay.
Amazon plans to delay its annual Prime Day event until September.
It’s a move to let Amazon warehouses continue to manage a surge in orders due to the coronavirus, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The event is usually held in July.
Representatives from Amazon declined to comment on the report.
Amazon previously said it couldn’t predict when one-and two-day shipping would resume, which would be a key for it to have a successful Prime Day event.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Everyday Heroes: Welcome Pardner looking to help recent graduates
- Canyon track legend and USA Track and Field athlete, Michael Stigler, helps train the next generation
- Top stories: Courting Tesla, camping out at the border
- ‘I have never seen anything like this dog’s will to live’: Dog found abused, in need of help
- State representatives request COVID-19 testing for group homes in Texas