(NBC NEWS) — Netflix says it will start weeding out inactive accounts.
The streaming giant says this week it will start asking customers who haven’t used its platform in the past year if they want to keep their subscription.
If a customer doesn’t respond, Netflix will automatically cancel the account.
The move is extremely unusual among subscription-based companies.
Netflix says its inactive accounts represent less than half of one percent of its overall member base.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Vote-by-mail expansion stayed by court ruling; local elections administrators on voting during pandemic
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- A pair of High Plains’ high school football coaching changes
- Bell 360 Invictus to be built at Amarillo facility