AUSTIN (KXAN) — Users across the nation are reporting outages related to internet service through Google Fiber.
According to Down Detector, a website that tracks outages, the largest problem areas are in the midwestern and southeastern United States and in state of Texas. People in Houston, Kansas City, Nashville, Raleigh and Atlanta are also reporting heavy outages, and other areas like Miami, Denver, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City are reporting some outages.
Users began reporting issues Friday morning and those continued through early afternoon.
In Austin, Texas, users said the outages are keeping their children from completing online learning coursework.
On Google Fiber’s Help account on Twitter, a Google employee told a parent they estimated the problem would be fixed “within the hour,” and that tweet was sent at 11:04 a.m.
Google hasn’t said what may have caused the outages.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo Medical Services fully operational after roof collapse
- More than 600 line personnel working Xcel Energy outage as the winter storm moves on
- New Mexico State Police investigate fatal crash
- Best Buy releases Black Friday advertisement and hours
- PHOTOS: Snowstorms bring damage across Amarillo area