(CNN) — At the CES 2020 technology show in Las Vegas, Segway revealed a new product the Segway S-Pod.
The company says the S-Pod balances on its own, without the need to lean forward or backward to speed up or slow down, like riders must do with a standard Segway.
The S-Pod can go up to 24 miles an hour.
Passengers control the speed with a knob.
It is designed for enclosed spaces like airports and malls.
Segway says the S-Pod is the company’s first step toward offering new transportation options to cities.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Gov. Lujan Grisham, state officials to provide COVID-19 update Thursday
- Gov. Abbott limits mail-in ballot drop-off locations to 1 per county
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Watch: All 12 Playbook: Big 12 teams look for strong showing in week 3 to send message to country
- APH reporting 173 new COVID-19 cases, 55 new recoveries in the Amarillo area