(FOX NEWS) — Apple is watching the looters who have pillaged its stores during recent protests.
Thieves who made off with iPhones from apple stores quickly learned the gadgets were loaded with special security software as they displayed a message on their screens indicating their locations were being monitored.
“This device has been disabled and is being tracked. Local authorities will be alerted” read the on-screen message of stolen iPhones according to social media posts.
Apple saw locations ransacked in cities including New York, Los Angeles, and Washington.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Civil rights leaders call on Texas lawmakers to vote against election regulation bills, while Republicans defend the legislation
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody