(CNN) — You can’t teach an old dog new tricks but you may one day be able to train them with new technology.
The little white box seen here is actually an artificial intelligence trainer for dogs.
It’s called companion and right now it’s for dog care facilities.
The company, Companion Labs, says the device uses a video camera, computer and treats to teach dogs new tricks.
It gives the pet a verbal order.
If he or she does it. The device gives them a treat.
Companion has taught the commands sit, down, come and stay.
They partnered with the San Francisco SPCA to test out improving canine welfare.
They say the device is good for dogs with separation anxiety.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Boys high school basketball area round scores
- Dean of Texas Tech School of Veterinary Medicine gives update on school’s progress
- Special Olympics Texas Panhandle Area Basketball competition kicked off this evening
- John Harris talks about tomorrow’s training with the National Weather Service; You can watch it live at home
- Four girls high school basketball teams from our area advance to the regional finals