TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – You might want to think twice about filling your glass from the sink – there may be cancer-causing products in tap water.
That’s according to a new report from the Environmental Working Group.
Researchers say they found 22 carcinogens – including arsenic, uranium and radium – in tap water.
The watchdog group says there may be a health risk even though most tap water meets the legal standards put in place by the federal government.
The study was published Thursday in the Journal Heliyon.
- Columbus statue toppled by Baltimore protesters
- WATCH LIVE: Fireworks display in downtown Amarillo
- Fourth of July fireworks in Sioux Falls
- WATCH LIVE: Fourth of July fireworks across the Las Vegas skies
- Watch: Fireworks display along Missouri River in St. Charles