United We Eat: Halloween Pumpkin Balls
- 2 cup raw rolled oats
- 1 ripe, fresh Hass Avocado halved, pitted, peeled
- 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Pretzel sticks (to make pumpkin stems)
- In a food processor, process the oats until coarse flour.
- Add avocado, and pumpkin puree, process until blended.
- Scrape sides with a spatula and add peanut butter, cinnamon and salt, and process until all is well blended. The mixture will be soft and sticky.
- Place in a container in the freezer for 30 minutes. This is to allow time for flavors to incorporate.
- Remove from the freezer and roll into 12 bite-sized balls using your palms. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and place it back in the freezer for another 15 minutes. This will help hold their shape.
- Remove from the freezer and decorate with mini chocolate morsels and pretzel sticks. Serve within an hour or store in the fridge for up to three days.
For more recipes, visit happyandnourished.com.