Raising a Thankful Kid
Remind your family what they have to be thankful for:
– A great country with men and woman keeping up safe every day.
Parents, set a good example:
– Have your kids take part in charitable activities.
– Let younger kids help gather items for donating or shopping for food drive.
– Let teens choose their charity and engage how they want: donate items they gather/shop for and deliver, volunteer time
Put things in perspective for kids:
– Talk about need in the community/ country/ world. At times hard to see beyond your front porch.
– Start small with kids
– Teaching younger kids to share
– Getting along with sibs
Having kids take stock in these ideas will become part of their value system as they grow older and create empathy, sympathy, generosity-when they grow up will continue to teach these value to their kids.