AMARILLO, Texas(KAMR/KCIT) —March Madness means more time in front of the television watching your favorite teams.
That means we need a great dish to serve to you, your family, or guests.
That’s where Beef Loving Texans comes in with this Tiny Taco Beef Tarts recipe comes in handy.
· 12 ounces Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
· 1/2 cup chopped onion
· 1 teaspoon minced garlic
· 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium taco sauce
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon pepper
· 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
· 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
· Shredded lettuce, sliced grape or cherry tomatoes, guacamole, lowfat dairy sour cream, sliced ripe olives (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Add taco sauce, cumin, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
Cooking Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
2. Place phyllo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly into shells. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until shells are crisp and cheese is melted.
3. Top tarts with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and olives, as desired.
Cooking Tip: Try out Tiny Greek Beef Tarts for another variation.