Cases of city government shutting down stand kid run concession stands (lemonade, baked goods, arts/crafts) are becoming more prevalent across the nation.
– Check with local authorities before going up for business to check what the rules are.
– Look at law and see if there is a way to have the stand without bring the rules into it.
Example; offer free drinks taking tips vs charging
– Get necessary permits if necessary where the stand will be opened to avoid conflict/issue.
– If the “business” will be on private property
– If you know your neighbors will be okay with it
NOTE: The Texas Panhandle has not had any documented cases of a kids’ stand being shut down.
Belind’s Parenting Challenge: Assess the rules and weigh the potential outcome for setting up shop beforehand. Do your homework in order to avoid a big headache.