AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR) — Middle school can be a pretty tough transition. Kids go through physical, emotional, and social change all at once, set against a backdrop of a new kind of school.
There are ways to ease that transition a little bit. Our parenting contributor Belinda Palacios has seven ways parents and educators can improve kids’ middle school experiences.
- Trust them with responsibility
- Help them with self-identity.
- Give them ways to serve.
- Foster relationships with adults.
- Help them relate to peers.
- Build in opportunities to play.
- Make it safe to fail.