BELLAIRE, Texas (AP) — A student was shot Tuesday at a high school in Texas and a suspect remained at large, local officials said.
Emergency crews were seen performing CPR as the student was carried on a stretcher to an ambulance outside Bellaire High School, KPRC-TV reports. There were conflicting media reports about whether the shooting happened inside or outside the school.
The city, a suburb southwest of Houston, confirmed on Twitter that there was a shooting and said the suspect is still at large. It advised residents to avoid the area around the school or remain in their homes.
Television footage from the school showed students gathered outside and police cars and an ambulance with their lights blazing.
Police and school officials could not be immediately reached for comment.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- World-renowned opera singer Renée Fleming using music to help those suffering from neurological disorders
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Mexican police nab alleged fugitive from the DEA in Juarez