One of the best parts of the summer is packing up and taking the kids on a much-needed family vacation. However, planning for a big trip can sometimes pose a challenge. With unpredictable weather patterns, fluctuating gas prices and increasing costs, Americans nationwide are concerned about getting away.
Lifestyle guru and travel expert, Amy Goodman, has some great tips on how to survive summer travel.
Some of Amy’s tips include:
- Get organized: Planning a fun and successful trip means, setting a budget, researching, and booking early! Shop around to find transportation and accommodations that suit your needs and your budget.
- Be prepared: An emergency can rack up that credit card bill or wipe out your savings. Always invest in a travel insurance plan.
- Hit the Road: If you’re driving to your summer destination, make sure you give your tires a thorough check-up. Make sure they aren’t worn out and check the tire pressure before you hit the open road.
- Super Snack It: Fill a medium-sized acrylic see-through box with approximately 10-12 adjustable sections and fill with fun bite-sized snacks– like grapes, crackers, snack mix, or pretzels. Makes for fun noshing!
- Travel Bingo: DIY your own travel bingo cards personalized for road travel, air travel or for the destination/sites you are seeing. Laminate so they can be used multiple times with washable markers.
- Be Prepared: Pack an entire outfit of ultra-light clothing for each child: undergarments, shirt, pants in a sealable plastic bag. Make sure this is easily reachable in your carry-on bag in the event of a spill.
For more information, click here.