Beginning Saturday, April 27, through Monday, April 29, Texans can purchase certain items tax-free during the state’s sales tax holiday for emergency preparation supplies.
There’s no limit on the number of qualifying items you can purchase. These include:
- household batteries, fuel containers and flashlights priced at less than $75;
- hurricane shutters and emergency ladders priced at less than $300; and
- portable generators priced at less than $3,000.
The Comptroller’s office estimates shoppers will save more than $1.6 million in state and local sales taxes during the 2019 sales tax holiday for emergency preparation supplies.
Purchases that do not qualify include:
- batteries for automobiles, boats and other motorized vehicles;
- camping stoves and camping supplies;
- extension ladders and stepladders; and