Storm season is upon us and it’s important to be prepared.
Storm Season Preparation
- Storms can be emotionally and financially overwhelming
- Measures you take now help weather the storm
- Review Insurance Coverage
- Create a Home Inventory
- Safety first
- Move cars, boats, RVs and outdoor furniture under cover
- Close drapes, blinds and shades to reduce blowing glass broken by hail
- If remodeling consider impact-resistant roofing to reduce hail damage
After the Storm:
- When safe, visually inspect your home for damage.
- Document damage with pictures.
- Make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage
- Save your receipts and take pictures of temporary repairs
Hiring a Contractor:
- Ask friends and neighbors for recommendations
- Be aware of door-to-door solicited repairs
- Get multiple written estimates
- Always have a written, detailed estimate
- Don’t pay up front. Always inspect the completed work before payment
For more information, visit www.insurancecouncil.org
Don Tipps State Farm Insurance
2700 S Western Street